Monday, January 28, 2013

I'm Going on a Mission

"I'm Going on a Mission."


Every time someone asks me about my major or what I'm doing in school, I always tell them about my mission. Today I was having a conversation and this topic came up, you know, like it does when you meet new people at college. And I told just him, I don't really know what I'm going to study yet, but I am going on an LDS mission, so I'm going to Indiana in May, that'll give me a couple of years to decide.

I've had this conversation more than once. I'm going on a mission... I'm serving a mission.... I'm going to Indiana...

These conversations have been a blessing to me. The opportunities I've had to tell people about my mission are all over the place. And maybe it's annoying that I tell everybody, but I love it. A mission is kind of a scary thing, it makes me nervous. But when I tell people about how I'm going, like I did today, I get this feeling of reassurance. To me, it kind of confirms to me that I made the right decision.

I worry a lot about how I'm going to do it. I've never been a missionary before! But when I get that reassuring feeling while telling someone about it, it goes away. I still don't know how I'm going to do it, I just know that I will. And that's definitely encouraging.

So anyways, everybody I just want you to know....

I'M GOING ON A MISSION
and I am so excited.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute!!! That is so awesome that you made the decision to serve. How inspiring. I'm doing a blog for my best friend and it's so much fun to update. You should follow her blog...hermanasilva.blogspot.com! Congrats again and I look forward to reading your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I looked up the blog you're doing for your friend and it's cute too! I love to read missionary blogs, so I'll keep up with it until I leave!

      Delete