Thursday, January 3, 2013

Mission Papers: In

My mission papers were turned in last night. As you all know (or you should), I am going on an LDS mission in the Spring of 2013. The status of my papers has changed from "With Church Headquarters" to "In Process"! Eeek! It's getting closer, and I'm so excited, but it's also getting more and more scary. This decision is going to change the next year and a half of my life! I'm nervous!

As of right now, I think I may get my call on Wednesday, January 16, 2013, but no guarantees. Since my papers are in, I wanted everyone to guess where I might be going and then put all the guesses on a map and see how close everyone is on the day I actually find out. So far, it's been fun to see where everyone thinks I might go!

I've done a lot of thinking about who I want to be there when I open my call. Should I just keep it to family or should I invite my close friends too? Or maybe, should I just open it alone? After a lot of considerations, I've decided I really want family and some close friends to be there. And I'm so excited to have everyone share in my excitement with me. I might cry or something, but that's okay, this is a big deal!

Of course, I've had my doubts about the mission, but I still feel like this is something I need to do. I think it'll be such a good experience for me AND I get to help people and teach them about the things that I love so much and the things that bring joy to my life. I definitely don't think I will regret making this decision.

This is so exciting, isn't it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment