Saturday, February 23, 2013

Elder Handsome

I've been in school, just getting  some classes taken care of while waiting for the day I report to the MTC. I was just sitting in my dorm room. Coincidentally, I had just gotten a letter from a missionary in the MTC now. He's been giving me some good advice and helping me to know what to expect when I go. In the middle of the letter, I heard a knock at the door. When I opened it, I was surprised to see a couple of cute boys!... But I couldn't get too excited, they were wearing suits and name tags that addressed them both as "Elder". The missionaries had come to my door. Both were attractive boys, but one of  them definitely could have had his name tag read "Elder Handsome".

So it got me thinking. What's the MTC going to be like? There will be hundreds of boys. Some of them are sure to be attractive. All of them will have my high standards and be members of my Church. Not only that, but these boys will be dedicated enough to what they believe that they're giving two years to serve the Lord. These are the kinds of boys I like!

But there is strictly NO flirting in the MTC or on the mission. We'll be spending all day together, especially with any Elders in my district. So we'll get to know each other pretty well! But no flirting.

Maybe I won't like it there as much as I originally thought I would. I'm sure it's just as bad for the boys. Tons of cute sisters all over the place and they can't flirt either. Maybe this whole situation with thousands of  SINGLE 19-year-old men and women causes a lot of awkward tension for everybody. Who knows? I guess I'll find out in a few months!

Don't get me wrong. I completely agree with the no flirting rule. It makes sense, I mean, I'm pretty sure trying to figure out how to talk to someone you think is cute takes away from focusing on learning missionary skills. Or what if an Elder and sister developed some kind of feelings for each other?

Bad idea.

But I'm sure there will be a lot of Elders just like Elder Handsome there.

1 comment:

  1. What...no picture of Elder Handsome?!!! What were you thinking?!!

    ReplyDelete