Friday, May 24, 2013

Thank Goodness it's Friday


Dear Friends and Family

So I guess Pday in the MTC for me is on Friday. We've been so crazy busy. Always, always doing stuff. And when people say that every meal is like another day, they aren't lying. We've learned a lot though. We talk SO MUCH about "our purpose" as missionaries that I memorized it just by hearing it so much all the time. My purpose is to: Invite others to come unto Christ and His restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." So pretty much my purpose is Article of Faith #4!

So after I got out of the car, I got all my missionary stuff, went to my room and set down my suitcases, and went to a classroom where my new district was. I have 2 companions, though. They're Sister Bambrough and Sister Ruoho (pronounced Bambro and Rojo like red in Spanish.) I really do like them! They are both from Utah and going to Indiana as well. So I'm in a tripanionship or a trio or a threesome or whatever you want to call it. We have 2 other roommates in our room. Sister Metcalf and Sister Redd, they are both going to Virginia, Richmond. So 5 in our room. I think there were going to be 6, but one of the girls didn't show up. We're sad about that.

The days here are so long, but it is so beautiful! I love it outside! There are pretty flowers and everyone's so happy all the time. Yesterday we went to the gym and I even ran a whole mile! 10 times around the track. Super duper short track and I HATE that, but it's better than not running. My comps aren't into that or I'd try to get them run with me outside. We have 2 teachers and I like them a lot. Yesterday, we "met" an "investigator" that our teacher is going to play and we are going to teach him! His name is Bobby and we just learned a little bit about him. Now we're studying and preparing to teach him a lesson. I'm so excited! The Spirit here is so different. While we were talking about what we wanted to teach Bobby, I just felt EXCITED! Like I just wanted to talk to him right then. That's how I know that we are going to teach him things he needs to hear.

On my first day, there was a sister who told us that this tree smelled like cream soda. We didn't believe her, but we all smelled it and it really did smell like it! I don't even know how that happens #sillytree

The food isn't too terrible. Definitely not the best. But there's always something that I can eat. Plus, they bring out food around dinner just in carts outside. Last night there was Subway that we could just have! #Eatfresh and some left over cookies from lunch. I've been having a hard time eating in the mornings though. Breakfast never has agreed with me.  Yesterday I tried to eat a breakfast burrito. Probably not the best plan, but hey. Anyway, that didn't work out, so this morning I had a bagel and fruit. Much, much better!

Today has been Pday, and we had to get up EARLY, EARLY! What in the world? Like I was thinking it would make the most sense if we got to sleep in for Pday (we can't) but now we have to get up earlier! To CLEAN or something ridiculous like that. I guess. Oh well, it's done. And now we get to wake up a little later tomorrow.

Our schedules are crazy busy though. There's like no time to just sit down and do nothing. We spend a lot of time sitting and listening and bearing our testimonies and all that jazz. We're nearly never ever in our room except at night though. And earlier we spent some time sitting today writing letters to friends and family. But there hasn't been much. Mostly we are out in the classroom or at the cafeteria or another classroom....

There's lots and lots to do!

Mom, I got your DearElders yesterday, I know Sister Blacker, she lives in the room right next to me. I told her about dad knowing her dad and serving in the same mission as him, she said she'd write him and ask him. Do you think he'd know who he was now? And then I got the package today, thank you! If you happen to send one anytime soon, I left my nail polish home. I just need light pink and gray, Natalie should know how to help. I sent a letter yesterday so you should get it tomorrow. Woohoo! #youvegotmail

Anyway. Love you all!

Sister Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment