Monday, June 24, 2013

I'm Still Afraid of Dogs


June 24, 2013
 
Dear Friends and Family,

It has been brought to my attention that my family has decided to get a dog. And you know what? Indiana is FULL of dogs. Everyone has a dog. Big ones.  Little ones.  All kinds.  Most people have more than one! And I'm still not used to it!  So... Maybe I don't want to go home. Ever. Maybe they did that so I wouldn't come home?

We don't really have any baptisms in our area yet, I was on an exchange when I taught the man that's getting baptized. But we do have an update about him, he had his interview yesterday and he passed! So it's still on for Saturday.

We've been out of the area most of the week. My companion and I haven't had much of a chance to do anything in our area this week. We went to Wabash and Huntington for an exchange, and Sister Wahlin had a meeting so we went down to the mission home and I went with sisters serving in Zionsville. Most of the days we did have without exchanges, were filled with meetings and planning. But we did have an awesome experience! We were walking down the street and this lady passed us and said she “sees us everywhere”. She didn't stop though, so we kept going. We turned the corner and saw this guy, early 20s, fixing his car. We did stop to chat with him a little bit. It was going okay, but the lady came back and stopped me in the middle of the conversation and asked where the church was! I was so shocked, but I gave her the address and our phone number and the time church started. I didn't get a chance to say anything else, but she told me her name was Kristy. We were really hoping she'd show up at church today, she did say she was looking for a "home" because they hadn't found a church yet. She didn't come this week, but there's still hope! We won't give up!

We had a couple of appointments with investigators, but they both got cancelled; one of them because Sue ended up leaving town earlier than expected. That was sad, because we were ready to commit her to a baptismal date. And we had to go to Wabash one night and have us both stay there because I wasn't able to drive quite in time. And then I guess we had an appointment with a man named Sequoro, I've never met him, they talked to him while we were exchanging, but Sister Wahlin scheduled that for a day that we didn't end up being there. 

Next week will be better! We have some awesome goals and plans to get there!

I have to speak in church next Sunday. I guess every fifth Sunday, this ward does a "Missionary Sacrament Meeting" and so I get to speak about missionary work. I think I'm going to talk about how to do missionary work without being a full time missionary, because we really want to get our ward involved with a lot of the things we're doing. And also, they are the best resource for finding people to teach. So, if you're reading this, you can be a missionary too! Do it! It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment