Monday, October 28, 2013

I see London, I see France-s

Dear Friends and Family,

This week was slow, but we did a lot of fun things, so I guess it evens out!  As for the Subject line:  Sister London and Sister France (is)... ha ha.

Last Monday evening we went over to a family's house for dinner and they invited us to stay for their Family Home Evening that they do with their kids and grandkids every other week. So we stayed and they were carving pumpkins! It was so fun! We didn't have any patterns or anything, I guess they don't do that. But I wanted to do a Mickey Mouse, so I just tried to draw it myself. It wasn't perfect, but at least it kind of looked like it! And lucky me, Sister London loves loves loves to gutt pumpkins, so I didn't even have to touch it at all! I just got to do the fun carving part! I don't think I would've gutted the pumpkin if it were just up to me. I would've just painted it or something. LAAAMEE. So good thing Sister London was there. #companionunity



I was pretty sick at the beginning of last week. I had a sore throat and I just was not sleeping very well. It kinda sucks being sick as a missionary!

We met with a Less Active in our ward who used to be a Relief Society President and she was telling us about how when she was in that calling she loved the Sisters because they spent the whole summer finding every woman on the ward list and making sure they were still in the area and everything. She talked a lot, I don't know why she's not active. I think she's one of those Less Actives who doesn't really think she's Less Active. Those are the most frustrating ones! But she was r
eally nice, and hopefully we'll be able to see her again soon.

We went to YW last week! And I LOVED IT! We spent the night with the Mia Maids and we were talking to one of them and she told us that earlier that day at school she had a teacher ask if she was Mormon and then she was telling her about it and the teacher really wanted a Book of Mormon! Oh my gosh! That's incredible, isn't it! And then we played basketball with the YM and YW afterwards in the gym. Apparently they loved it because we went over to a members house the next morning and her daughter had been there and the first thing she said to her mom when she got home was that the Sisters were playing basketball with them. I guess that was cool to her. So we are definitely going tomorrow! I'm excited!

There was a little snow on Wednesday. That just wasn't a very good day, we had to walk because it wasn't our turn to have the car and we don't have any bikes right now (hopefully we get a car soon) and guess what? It took an hour and fifteen minutes to get to our area. So frustrating! And then we only talked to one person because no one was out because it was FREEZING outside and that person was an active member. Then we walked home and it hailed on us a little bit and our investigator texted to cancel a lesson and pretty much told us she doesn't want to continue to meet anymore. Rough day.

Because our district all lives in the same complex, we go out to lunch sometimes. We went to Chili's this week and it was a lot of fun. I'm grateful for that social aspect here in Fishers, because I think I would go crazy without it! The work here is just H.A.R.D. Later that day, we went to visit another Less Active who has cancer and she just has a lot of things going on in her life. She has two daughters and they came home from school with these rubber band bracelet things that are really in, but they had to make them and their mom had no idea how. So you know what I did? I sat on the floor with a 6-year-old girl and helped her make a bracelet. It was fun! And now I know how to make them, so I guess I can still be trendy on the mission ;)

We made a birthday card for a 16 year old that we've been trying really hard to set up a lesson with. I've only met her at the door a couple of times, but we are trying! But we knew it was her birthday, so we thought that a gesture like that would help her prioritize us a little more. *cross your fingers*

Our members are awesome! They all have so many people that they are working with to help them come closer to learning about the gospel! I love it! Unfortunately, they just aren't ready yet. But hey! It's a start! And they are super solid, so I'm excited! LOVE IT!
We helped a family move on Saturday. It was fun, I think that's one of my favorite things to do, help people move. I don't know why, but it's a fun service activity that I really enjoy. Also, that night, we had a trunk-or-treat and we went. Of course I had to dress up. I was a hipster missionary with the sweetest glasses ever! And Elder Stucki, my District Leader, totally pulled off Clark Kent/Superman. Pictures to come!

My District Leader is Superman. You can be jealous.


#HipsterMissionary Selfies and all :)



I got asked to teach Gospel Principles, but it was late notice and I wasn't able to prepare anything, so I was just going to wing it. But then, miracle! No one showed up. Everyone that usually goes to that class were just gone, so I got out of that and went to the class the Elders started yesterday about Preach My Gospel. I'm excited about that class, because Preach My Gospel is full of principles that members need to understand, not just missionaries! So go read it!
We had dinner at a members last night and there were two families in the ward there, so we had a party! It was a lot of fun, and a 14 year old boy made me a rubber band bracelet too. I guess he makes them and sells them at school. He's a pretty smart kid, and now I have a rubber band bracelet like everyone else! :)


Anyway, the work here is coming, we just need to FIND FIND FIND! And it's hard, but we are doing it!

Love, Sister Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment