Monday, November 25, 2013

Mormon Helping Hands



Dear Friends and Family,

It was a crazy week! So I guess let's start at transfers... I'm training! So I got my brand new greenie! Sister Caitlin Oskins from Phoenix, Arizona. It's been good. The first day we were together we got to teach April and she loved it! Me too! April is doing so well! We taught her Wednesday and Friday and then she came to church on Sunday. She's read to the middle of 2 Nephi, she's in the Isaiah chapters. We talked to the bishop and asked if he would marry them, we set a time to have the Church open so we can perform the ceremony... SO many amazing things are happening here!

We also taught Jaclyn. She's doesn't really want to commit to baptism right now, but she is definitely searching. She wants to know if the Book of Mormon is true or not! So we've been reading with her. That went really well too. We read Alma 32 and talked a little bit about faith and how it doesn't matter HOW much faith you have as long as you have a  little. It reminded her of the parable of the mustard seed  in the Bible.

I guess the biggest, most exciting thing we did this week was on Saturday. We went to Kokomo and cleaned up after a big tornado that hit there. It was kind of fun, because I used to serve there, but it was so SAD! There were bunches of houses that were missing roofs and one of the ones we helped at was missing the entire back wall.
We helped clean up a lot of the debris that was left. There was a lot of wood, fences, shingles, insulation, and tree branches. I was a little nervous because there were a lot of nails and I did NOT want to get cut by a rusty nail. Tetanus shots are not my friends. But I think I'm good! 







I loved it because I got to wear those bright yellow Mormon Helping Hands vests. And guess what! Sister Gil, my roommate, probably got on the news! They interviewed her... I don't know if it actually made it on air, but it was fun. I might even be in the background :)
It was freezing cold, though. It's been really really cold lately, and they took our car away on Wednesday because SISTER LONDON didn't have one. Of course she's the one that would take our car. Of all people! ha ha

Anyways, sorry this was kind of short. I forgot my journal today.. Won't do that again!

Hope you all have a good week! Happy Thanksgiving!

Love, Sister Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment