Monday, December 2, 2013

1 Year



Dear Friends and Family,

Before I start with my week.... Today is December 2. Do you know what that means? I am going home a year from today. Can you believe that?! I don't know how to feel about that...
But anyways, I'm definitely not counting down. I love it here! And counting just makes things miserable.

Because we are sharing a car with the other sisters, we got stuck at one of the ward members' houses last Monday without a way home or anything, so we played a game with their kids. We played Trouble and it was a lot of fun! Sister Oskins was losing the whole time, but then she snuck up on all of us and won! It was fun. We made cute little Thankful Turkey's shaped like our hands for our members and investigators. They were so cute! Mostly the Sisters' were the cutest, but the Elders tried! We should give them credit! ;)

President came to our District Meeting this week. That was kind of cool. I'm glad I wasn't training or anything, I think I would've been so nervous with him there. Elder Baker did so good though! We talked about keeping a prayer journal. Like a little notebook that you write your thoughts on while you pray. It's kind of cool. I started doing that this week, and I love it. You should try it! I was surprised to find that there were a lot of little thoughts that came to me while I was praying. I thought it would be kind of blank when I first started, and then would gradually start to come to me, but nope! I learn a lot more from prayer than I ever thought! You should try it! Go get a little tiny notebook and just keep it with you (or by your bed) and when you pray just write down the things that come to mind. If it's not a lot, it's okay! With time, it will definitely help you become more sensitive to revelation from God.

We got a random call from some other missionaries during our meeting, so we called them back after the meeting and they told us there was a truck driver who really wanted a Book of Mormon, but he was leaving for a big long trip in a couple of hours and he wouldn't be back until January. So we had to take an emergency detour and give him a Book of Mormon. We found him kind of behind a building where lots of semis were parked. Sister Gil jumped out of the car, gave him the book, and came back. It felt kind of sketchy, almost like a Book of Mormon drug deal! :) 



Thanksgiving was fun! I hope you all had a good time! We got to have Thanksgiving with the President... Now don't go being jealous or anything... It was a lot of fun! We got to chat with a new senior couple that is going to be working in the office. And President showed us the Indy Mission FB page. We had a lot of fun! Then afterward, it was still P day, so we went to go look at a cute little light display near our apartment. THEN we still had time, so we figured, hey, why not go Black Friday shopping at Target. Now, I know that Black Friday on Thursday is just dumb, but it's the only way we missionaries could've gone! We got a little crazy doing that.... And I didn't know we were getting out of the car, so I was just wearing my yoga pants! No skirt, so that was embarrassing, but hey! It's okay! And there was no way we could buy anything, the line was CRAZY. But it was a fun experience to have.

We're going to start to teach April's son, Jaylin. I guess the goal is to hopefully get him baptized at the same time as her. I don't know if we will make it, because I'm not even sure if he wants to be baptized yet, but we will teach him and see what happens. I'm excited! Maybe we'll have two baptisms by Christmas!



We went to Chuck-E-Cheese's this week. I've never been before, and you know what? I don't know if I ever want to go back. It was definitely an adventure, but I got sick the next day and I just don't believe that's a coincedence. But we did it for the Fishers 2 Sisters. One of their investigators (that's getting baptized) had a birthday party for their son, and they invited us! And I totally dominated at Ski Ball, so I guess it was worth it!



We had to eat in the garage with one of our members this week. She had us and the Elders come over, like usual. But she isn't married, and I guess the guy that she had come over to be with us didn't show up. So we got to eat out in the garage! And then we had ice cream for dessert. I guess I could've said no, but.... I don't know how to say no to ice cream. So it was freezing. But it's alright!

I had a good week, I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. We started listening to Christmas music now! I'm so excited for Christmastime as a missionary! I love it already! Good thing my mom loves Christmas music, because we have a ton of it! (Thanks Ma!)

Love, Sister Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment