Monday, April 21, 2014

Redhead at Heart??



Dear Friends and Family,


I got THE worst sunburn this week. I mean, it was really bad. I haven't had one that bad in a long long time! On Saturday, we were out walking for 3 or 4 hours trying to find someone to teach and it was pretty hot. So when we went in to eat lunch, I made sure to put on some sunscreen because I KNOW how easy it is for me to get burned. Either it was too late by then, or the sunscreen didn't help or something, because later that day, I was red. Everywhere. My face, my neck and shoulders, my chest, my arms. So was Sister Hivner. Her burn looked worse than mine, but I think that might be because it looked darker because she's more tan than I am. I'm not sure! All I know is my burn still hurts and hers has turned into a tan. I think... My hair might just be a little red. Or something... I hope. I need an excuse for being so white!!


We had the best miracle ever happen this morning and because of it, that's about all I can think about right now! 


The director of the Institute at IU called us this morning and we missed the call, so we called back and he had the best news ever! He got a call this morning from a girl that had just come from Utah. I guess while she was there, she learned about the gospel and she wants to be baptized! She heard about Brother Tibbs, the Institute director, because she lived in an area where he used to live and I guess they knew he lived out here now. I mean, these are crazy coincidences that just don't happen! So we called her and we'll meet with her tomorrow! I'm so grateful! I really have no idea what we did to deserve this kind of a blessing, but I'm stoked! Seriously. Miracles happen!


Easter was so good! I really loved it. This was probably the most spiritual Easter I've ever experienced in my life. I know a lot of missionaries say that about Christmas, but I didn't feel like Christmas was SUPER different. I think Christmas has always been a time when I focus more on Christ and everything, but I think in the past, Easter has just kind of been... Overlooked. At least the Jesus side of it, of course I've grown up with Easter eggs and bunnies and chocolate and dresses! But the real reason for Easter has always kind of been pushed to the side. Which is sad! But I learned so much about the Atonement this year! And I'm grateful for it. I've learned a lot of new things that I never knew about it before. But also we got to celebrate with an Easter Egg Hunt! Our district got invited to a members house. They have a lot of land and most of it is a forest and they went out there and hid a whole bunch of eggs for us missionaries to find. It was so fun! It was actually like hiking. Believe it or not, there are some really steep hills here in the Bloomington area! I guess it's not as flat here as it is up north! It was great, felt like home. Almost. Not quite as big of hills, obviously. But it really did seem like hiking up the mountains, it was fun! Then we roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores... Fun stuff! I loved it!



Dying eggs: Mom will be so happy that I didn't have to make this mess at her house.

S'mores


MTC trio, almost exactly 1 year later!

Exchanges

Popcorn Popping on the apricot tree! Spring is here!

Easter Egg Hunt



This week I was able to go on exchanges on campus, and I loved it! I really LOVE teaching the people that are my age that are in college. It really is great, they have so many ideas and views on life... It's fun! The only problem is if I were on campus full time, I think I might get a little tiny bit trunky. It really does make you want to go back to school! Which is good, but also... Bad. I still would love it though. Love love love love it!


We had a Sister's Conference in the mission and it was probably the best day of my whole mission. So we started and we had a couple of people speak. There were some really good people, some of the topics were about Women in the Scriptures where Sister Lambert, a member around here, talked about Abish in the Book of Mormon. And then President talked about Joan of Ark and likened her bravery and greatness to the things we do every day as missionaries. It was so cool and I was so pumped up by it. And then... We had lunch. And you know what they got us? Cafe Rio sweet pork salad! I think they might know what we Sisters like :) After that, we had some more members in the area come teach us about eating healthy (kind of... they know it's hard for us because we have no control over what we eat half the time) and then we talked about exercise! We learned about Tabata, probably the best thing I've ever heard. It's where you can do a set of exercises at your max for 4 minutes, and if you do it right, you will burn calories for up to 12 hours after you finish! It's a miracle worker for missionaries! And then we did Zumba! I think that was my favorite part! I love love love love Zumba! A lot! Zumba is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me, and it was so fun with all the Sisters in the mission. I think that's the funnest kind of exercise known to man... Or woman I guess ;) 


It was a good week! Hope you all had a happy Easter! And I hope you all shared that Because of Him video. It was good!!


Love, Sister Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment