Monday, May 5, 2014

Captain America



Dear Friends and Family,


I received the best revelation this week. You learn a lot as a missionary, you know... Receive lots of revelation, but this week, my mind was blown! Haha, okay, that might be an over exaggeration, but seriously, you are going to love it. (I did, anyways)

I have been very aware that Captain America is playing at the movie theater that we drive past every day. Mostly because I love Captain America and... I want to see it so bad! A member told us that it was awesome. And she told us that he was keeping a list of all the things people told him he missed in the... like... 70 years that he was frozen? And pretty much... That's missionary life for ya!

And Captain America is on MY list! :) With other things... Like... Frozen... And Despicable Me 2... And that whole season (or two?) of Duck Dynasty I missed... And Hunger Games... And I think my sister is going to force me to see Divergent. But I guess that's alright, because I hear it's pretty dang good. So I won't complain. But that's just the beginning of my list, I'm sure there are things that I've missed that I don't even know about yet!


Anyways, that's not my revelation, it's just funny. But I was reading my scriptures this week and I was thinking about Captain Moroni a little bit and a lightbulb went off. Captain America is Captain Moroni in superhero form! Especially if you read Alma 48 and replace "Moroni" with "Captain America". For example, Alma 48:17 "Yeah, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto [Captain America] behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never had power over the hearts of the children of men."


So yeah. There you go. My trunky revelation this week! ;) Haha, no I'm not trunky, I just want to watch Captain America SO BAD! 

 ew, I definitely had to force that smile! ;) Animals aren't my fave...




But despite all that, we had the best week! We found TONS of new investigators, we taught a lot of lessons with members! And everything just pretty much went perfectly. Not that none of our lessons were cancelled, but when they were, we had other productive and USEFUL things to do! Our numbers were SO high this week. And numbers aren't everything, but there's a reason we use them! Numbers measure things, and in the case of the things we count, it measures how productive we are being with our time. And this week was crazy productive!


We had a great lesson with Roxanne this week. I think that's one of my favorite parts. She is great, and we had the best member there and she was perfect. Roxanne signed (ASL) a song for us at the beginning called Here With Me by MercyMe, it was beautiful! Check out the song if you get a chance! And then we talked about the Book of Mormon and this time it wasn't that she was being super critical, she was actually listening. I don't think she understands how the Bible and Book of Mormon go together, because she feels like the Bible teaches her everything she needs to know to get to heaven. But I know the Spirit can touch her and help her see how the Book of Mormon adds to that knowledge.


We had another investigator, Nicole, tell us she wants to be baptized! I don't really think she knows what that means and the promise you make at baptism, but she wants a new start with God and we can totally work with that! Seriously, everything went perfectly this week!


And then we got a call yesterday. Sister Hivner and I are both being transferred. I guess we were just setting up the area for a new set of missionaries! I'm sad, but also excited. I always have liked transfers. It's fun to have a new start and get to know lots of different people, so it's fun. And it's all about experiencing missionary life.


Speaking of meeting people, we met the best person this week! This guy lives with one of our investigators I guess, and he came out to talk to us for a while. He was so nice! And Eddie, the investigator, was saying he was a success story. Turns out he was in a high security prison where Eddie worked. He was there for almost 12 years for attempted murder. But now he's out, he has a girlfriend that he visits on the weekends, and he has a stable job... He was the nicest person I've ever met! In fact, he was nicer to us than mostly everyone else we talk to. Isn't that crazy? That guy is one of God's elite! 





We went bowling last Preparation Day, so I'll send pictures of that. I didn't do AS BAD as I normally do... So... Yay! And this week I also held a bird on my hand. It was gross, I only did it to prove to you all that I could! :) So enjoy!


Love, Sister Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment