Monday, August 25, 2014

Baptism Time!



Dear Friends and Family,

I think the baptism this week is probably the most exciting news that I have!! Kitty was baptized Saturday August 23. It was a good service that we put together. Not many people were there, but enough, so it all worked out. The best part was that Kitty's dad and sister came. For the last couple of weeks she's been telling us she invited them, but she's been really worried that they wouldn't come. So they came! And I think that made the baptism a lot more special to her. So I'm grateful for that!



 

She was confirmed yesterday. In fact, we had a really good day yesterday. Kitty was confirmed and we had two other investigators at church. One of them was there for the first time, but I think he really enjoyed it. So I'm excited about that!

Sister Olsen and I have had the best workouts this week. On Tuesday at Strides, we were asked to do something they've never asked us to do before. We all had to go in the hay loft and move a bunch of hay and stack it higher so there would be room on the ground for more hay that was coming in soon. So. That's what we did. Good thing the Elders were there, because I'm positive Sister Olsen and I could not have done that on our own. That hay was really heavy! And we probably  moved a hundred, at least. I don't know why they chose this week to do it, last week was nice and cool, this week was 1000 degrees and 100% humidity, I swear! But that wasn't too bad, it just made us all hot and sweaty. The worst part was the war wounds I got. The hay is all held together by these strings, and when I picked it up, the strings cut through the skin on my fingers. It hurt pretty bad, probably because of all the dirt and sweat and hay that got in the cuts afterward. But that wasn't fun. And then the next day, my arms were all covered in little tiny hay scratches, but those didn't hurt and they went away the next day, so it's fine! #sacrificeforservice





A couple of days later we had another opportunity to work out our muscles. Our Bishop just moved into a new house that they built here, and after days and days of them trying to close on the house, they finally did! And they asked us to help them move. It was really fun! I love their family, so I loved being there, but all that lifting right after doing all that stuff at Strides was a little tiring. I guess it's just another step in my 6 Months to Sexy diet :)

The funniest thing happened this week. Our Ward Mission Leader  works pretty closely with us, we have a meeting with him every week to go over the needs of the people we are teaching, and this week we just had a quick meeting at his house. The Elders were talking about a new investigator that they started teaching. Our Ward Mission Leader asked what her last name was, they told him, and he put his hand on his face and said, "oh no..." He's a police officer and the Elders seem to have met someone he knows about every week. And it's not really ever a good, uplifting reason that he knows them. It's just funny :)

I've been sweaty basically all week. I remember it being like this last Summer, but it's been so nice this year that now that it's hot and humid I am miserable. It would be better if I didn't know how good it COULD be. Hopefully this won't last long, though. I did celebrate my 15 Month Birthday this week! It was the same day as District Meeting, so I got some ice cream to celebrate! I love that about being a missionary, I get to have a birthday EVERY SINGLE MONTH. I will miss that. I don't always celebrate with ice cream, but any kind of celebration is good for me!

Also, Sister Olsen and I always pretend we are super secret spies. Especially when we go to meetings, or other times too. It makes car rides entertaining instead of boring :) Her hair is so long that when it's down, we use her hair as a disguise to hide from the guys working for "The Man". We are hilarious, by the way. I'm going to be sad when we aren't companions anymore :(




I love you all! Hopefully it's not this miserably hot and humid wherever you are. If it's not, count your blessings!

Love, Sister Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment