Monday, August 18, 2014

Winter? Already?



Dear Friends and Family,

Actually. It is not winter already, but on Tuesday it was cold enough that I actually put on a cardigan. It was probably in the mid 60s. So I had some hot chocolate because I COULD NOT get warm no matter what I did! So yeah. And then I drank a bunch more later this week. In the middle of August If it's below 70 degrees, I'm pretty much freezing unless I'm running. So anyways. It's been a fairly cold week!

  Sister Olsen got pretty sick too. That wasn't good. On Wednesday she just woke up with a fever of 102 or something. I don't think she felt too great, but she didn't really want to stay in either. Our plans for after our studies didn't really work out the way we had planned. So instead we hit up a park to try and find someone to talk to. And we had the greatest miracle ever! We talked to this woman who had two little twin newborns with her. They were super cute, but they weren't hers. She was babysitting them. But she was the coolest woman EVER. Seriously. We started talking about the Restoration, like always. It was basically the same thing we always talk to people about. But after a minute she told us she's been having a lot of questions lately. I guess for the past few years she's been studying the Bible intensively and she's been questioning the Christianity that she's always known. Not that she doesn't believe in Jesus, but she's not sure that the things everyone's been teaching her in the churches she's been to are really true. I think she has some concerns about the Bible because it's not really pure or translated exactly the way it was originally written by the prophets and apostles. So guess what? One of those Articles of Faith that I memorized wayyy back in Primary came in handy! I don't even remember what number it is, but "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly..." was all she needed. She said, "wow! Maybe I'm a Mormon!" Uh. Yeah. But that's not really the end of the Article of Faith. It continues to say "... we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God." So we taught her about the Book of Mormon and how it was only translated once, directly from the ancient language into English. So then, she said, "Why haven't I read this book??" Um. That's why we're here. So we gave her the Book of Mormon and a Plan of Salvation pamphlet because a lot of her questions were centered around that. So. Yeah! That was the greatest miracle! And it would not have happened if our original plans had worked out OR if Sister Olsen had decided she was too sick for that. I think Heavenly Father blessed us for that :)

We had the craziest day planned for Friday. And that morning everything we had planned fell through except for, like 2 things. And one of the things that DIDN'T fall through we went to and the person we were supposed to meet didn't show up. So we only had one appointment. I mean, it happens. But that day Kitty passed her interview, so her baptism is set for next Saturday! We are excited, but I think that Satan doesn't want us to look forward to that baptism. But that's too bad for him, because I am STOKED for that baptism!



Hoosier Geese. Hoosier Ball. We see these everywhere. And a lot of times they dress the geese up differently for different holidays :) 


Evaluating Lessons:






I think that Kitty is also excited. Maybe a little nervous, which is understandable. It can be kind of scary. But she's excited! And we have a really great service planned and everything. Sister Olsen and I are super excited about it! 

We got the funniest call last night from our District Leader called us, so I answered and said, "Hello. This is Sister Francis." Because that is what I have done my whole mission, that is what Sister Collins taught me. And this is the first thing that he said. "Are you blonde?" I was super confused. And I don't even think I was having a blonde moment... Then the two of them, our District Leader and his companion explained that they couldn't remember if Sister Francis was the blonde or the redhead. It was actually pretty hilarious. So we straightened them out. But today, when we see them, we are going to switch our name tags just to be hilarious. I'm so excited.
Also today we are going to Barnes and Noble to get dictionaries. And the worst part is we have been talking about doing this all week. It is going to be the highlight of our week.
#tooschoolforcool

Well, have a good week! Next week I will have baptism pictures!! It's like whenever anyone asks Sister London what time it is, she says "baptism time!" and the great thing is, it actually is baptism time now :)

Love, Sister Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment