Monday, September 15, 2014

I'm Back!



Dear Friends and Family,

So, as many of you all know, I just got transferred again! I am currently serving in the Westfield Ward. And I am stoked. First of all, I'm back in Hamilton County, one of the richest counties in the country (from what I hear). My area touches Fishers 1st ward, so I am back! And I love this area. Except the roundabouts. Carmel prides themselves on having 80+ roundabouts of all different shapes and sizes. Some of them are pretty scary, though. I don't really like it. 

And we get to serve in the same ward that President and Sister Cleveland live in! And basically all the senior missionaries come to our ward. And we live in Missionary Way, there are 10 missionaries living in the same apartments as us. I love it! It's going to be a good transfer!

But I do love the Carmel Art District and the Monon Trail. In the last 5 years or so, Carmel has changed a lot. And they've basically tried to make it a mini version of Europe right in the middle of the United States. And I really like that! And the Monon is a little trail that used to be train tracks. They took those out a long time ago and now it's been turned into a walking trail that goes from Westfield to Indianapolis or something ridiculously far like that.

We haven't had a car this week, they took the car away from this area, so now we are sharing with the Sisters in Zionsville. They're pretty cool, both are past companions of mine. The only thing is Zionsville is kind of far away to be sharing. But whatever, I didn't choose this! 



So we've had a lot of miracles this week, despite the craziness of trying to restart in a new area. Basically all of our investigators had to be dropped except for the one being baptized this week. But that's what happens with white washes or Double Transfers or whatever you want to call it. We have taught lots and lots of lessons, especially considering our lack of a car! 

We met a man who lives underneath us. He is 81 years old and he just moved in recently. His daughter died a couple of months ago and he told us that he JUST accepted Jesus into his life right after that. He is looking to get baptized and learn about Jesus and everything. I had this thought the other day that his daughter might've sent us to him (or sent him to us, either way, really) because she wants this for him too! I'm so excited, we are going to teach him, and he's golden! Minus the smoking thing. There's a lot of that in Indiana, you know?

Yesterday we got to go to Why I Believe with an AWESOME member of the ward! She's so great, so we went down and we got to listen to a lot of people's testimonies just like always. And then we got to hear Elder and Sister Hodges' speak. They are going home soon. It's super sad, because I love them. But there was some good news along with that!

I got to see Sister Olsen and I found out... Jane is getting baptized on Saturday!! And she asked me to speak, so there's no way that I can't be there! I'm so excited. Seriously. This is miracle of the year! I love that lady!

At zone meeting we had a gangster theme, probably because we were in downtown Indy. But I didn't dress up because I'm way too white for that. And I didn't have any gangster stuff. They should've done a hipster theme or something. Anything else, really, I can't be gangster. But it was fun to see everyone else do it, especially the Elders. They went all out.

Have a good week!

Love, Sister Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment