Monday, October 20, 2014

Meeting or Moroni?



Dear Friends and Family,

It's been a really good week! Last Monday, the members we ate dinner with informed us that there was a tornado watch out. A tornado watch isn't bad, but if it becomes a warning, that's when you need to be careful. So later that night, another member texted us saying there was a watch, but that the worst of it would be at midnight or 1 am. My bed is right underneath the window, and I was worried if that really did happen and the window blew in, it would probably not be very good for me. So we moved my bed and put a mattress in front of the window! Haha, it was kind of silly! But, hey, the window didn't blow in and I didn't get hurt or killed! I'm convinced that our preparations helped ;)



I have had a really fun time teaching Ethan! This week we had some seemingly boring lessons to teach, like Family History and Word of Wisdom, and those things aren't that exciting for a 10 year old boy. So we had to put our creative caps on and figure out how to keep his attention and help Ethan think that these things are fun! And it worked! We've had a lot of fun! One of the days, we actually had a friend of his from church come and help us teach. This 9 year old boy was seriously probably one of the best members I've ever had at a lesson. He really helped us TEACH and he helped us stay on track... Man. That was the coolest thing! And Ethan loved it too! He's definitely going to get baptized soon, and he is so excited!
This week we had a lesson with someone, we brought a member like we were supposed to, but all that did was cause the person we were teaching to not listen to us. I don't know. I think some people think that we're young and we don't know anything. And, I agree, we are young, and no, we probably don't know a lot about some of the things going on in people's lives, but we also aren't dumb! The principles of the gospel are one-size-fits-all and I KNOW the principles of the gospel! But it's okay, it still turned out to be a good lesson. I was just a little upset.

On a brighter note! We were having a District Meeting on Friday, and every time we drive to the church, we drive past the temple. Everyone's been talking about a Moroni lately, but it's also been a secret about WHEN they were going to put it up. Everyone just kept saying "look for the crane!" We drove past, and there was definitely a crane there to lift Moroni up. The only problem was that we had to get the Sisters we share a car with and get to our meeting. So we picked them up, told them about it, and drove to the church. The second we unlocked the door, we got a call saying that everyone was at the temple watching them put up Moroni. So... We raced over there. Now that I can look back, I don't know why we raced, but we did. And we watched the Moroni go up, which took forever! So it kind of replaced District Meeting. I mean, we still had a quick one. But it definitely wasn't a normal meeting. That's okay, that was a really cool experience to have. And we got our District picture at the temple!! You don't see that every day either!
So it's been a good week! Transfers are this week, but Sister Faleono and I are both staying. Together! In Westfield! Looks like I'm dying happy :)




Love you,
Sister Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment