Monday, October 27, 2014

Adventures



Dear Friends and Family,


It's been a long, long week. It seems that all the weeks that we don't have a car just drag on and on and on... I know my statistics teacher always said that correlation does not equal causation, but I think in this case, it does!

 biggest waterfall in Indiana ;)





We had the hardest time finding rides anywhere to anything! We almost didn't even find a ride to church! That's when you know it's rough. We cancelled a few appointments because of it, but we still got some things done. 


We had one day that was kind of an emotional rollercoaster. We were trying to find a ride to a lesson because everyone had told us no, and a couple of hours before, we found someone! So then we were happy, and SUPER GRATEFUL, that God had blessed us with a way to get to this lesson. And then, an hour or so later, she texted saying she forgot an obligation that she had and she wasn't going to make it. So then we were bummed, or at least I was. I'm sure Sister Faleono felt the same way. And THEN we had a lesson with another investigator at Sister Steadman's home for lunch. We showed up a little early to talk about the lesson, but then time passed and passed and passed and the investigator didn't show up! We began eating and she showed up about 20 minutes late. I was at first disappointed, but then excited that she actually came! So there were a lot of ups and downs that day.


We've been walking a lot again this week. That can get kind of discouraging because the places we can go and the people we can see are pretty limited. But it all will work out in the end, I'm sure! I guess Heavenly Father wants to help me get skinny, like I wanted! I don't mind, but this week my feet kind of started to hurt a little. My toe started hurting for no good reason! That's annoying too. And it's difficult since I walk on my toes all the time!


We have a baptism coming up this Saturday! There have been lots of scheduling conflicts with this one. We're going to have to go to a different church building, but we are going to make this baptism happen! I'm really excited about it! And I know Ethan is excited too! He talks about it ALL the time to everyone he knows! 

 Look how creative I can be! We were learning to be missionaries





At the Trunk or Treat this Saturday there was a family that borrowed an actual Dolorian from someone they knew and came to the Trunk or Treat dressed like that kid from Back to the Future. Talk about going all out! That was so fun to see! I went as Minnie Mouse. I didn't really wear it, though. I always am worried about making sure I look "dignified" or whatever. I know some people would love it, but then I'm sure there are some stuffy people who would just think I was being ridiculous. So I don't know... I will be Minnie at District Meeting for Halloween, though! Maybe. We'll see! Thanks to my awesome Aunt who made Minnie Mouse ears for me, though! :) They are awesome!


Also, this 17 or 18 year old girl in the ward asked us the other day if we had ever been on the internet... Uh. Yeah.... Haha. She meant to ask if we'd ever been "internet people" who know "internet stuff", which is also a yes! It's funny, we aren't really that much older than her! That was seriously the funniest question, especially from a member!


So, yeah! I've been on the internet!


Love you, Sister Kimberly 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment