Monday, November 10, 2014

Bday not Pday



Dear Friends and Family,

It has been a good week. My birthday is today, and that's pretty exciting! 

21 Baby!

Now I can go to the bar. That's what a Sister in this area keeps telling me. I probably won't go to the bar, though.

It was actually a pretty good week, the weather wasn't really too bad. A little chilly a couple of the days, and it did rain a couple days too. But we had the opportunity to do a bunch of service, We got to help a woman in the ward paint her ceiling. She made us wear these silly wash cloth things on our heads to protect our hair. It's smart, but we just looked pretty silly like that!

We also got to help make little white dresses and wraps for babies that don't live at the hospital. I think they're called Little Angel Gowns or something like that. That was so awesome! And we helped one of our investigators move.

We started teaching the best girl ever! She's 16 and grew up Buddhist. Did I talk about her last week? I might've, but she's solid! She came to church last week and this week, and I think she likes it, even though she's a little overwhelmed and probably has no idea what's going on.

Yesterday I had to give a Departing Testimony at Why I Believe. It is weird. But I saw so many people there last night that I know, and Tori spoke at Why I Believe!! She is the coolest. And tons of my Plainfield friends were there! It was a pretty good day.
I have a confession. Last Monday I splurged a little bit. I bought myself a hat at Charming Charlie's. But in my defense, it is the cutest thing. And I've been looking for a hat just like it for 2 years! I remember working at Kohl's and I saw a hat on a poster and I searched forever for that hat. I could not find it. And now I did! And it was almost my birthday, so Happy Birthday to me!  It makes me look like a cute British lady.




I also took these pictures of a few of the spelling and grammar errors that really bother me here, in Carmel. Enjoy!

Seriously, spell check people!! Did someone lose their job over this one??

 Rich ('s owns) of Carmel?


Everyone, have a great week! We sure will!

Love, Sister Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment