Monday, November 24, 2014

Frozen



Dear Friends and Family,

It was a cold, cold week. I mean cold. Lucky us we got to spend a lot of it inside. Tuesday was the coldest day and we didn't really have anything planned INSIDE. I mean, we were going to try to find people to teach, but we were walking around from apartment to apartment and I thought I was going to die. 

Seriously, it was really cold. Either I've become Indiana wimpy like everyone else, or it really was freezing. All I know is the car told us it was 19 degrees and when we wimped out and went to a member's house, she told us with wind chill it was -4 outside. So that's pretty cold, I guess. So I decided to have Elsa hair to match the "Frozen" cold... Yeah, I don't even know what I'm saying, I've never seen that movie. But hey, I do what I want.




 Elsa Hair

We had interviews with the President this week, too. And I'll tell you what, those things took forever and a day. I do love interviews, it's just I don't like it when they take forever! Our interviews were supposed to be at 12 pm, we were supposed to be the last missionaries interviewed. Somehow things got way way way behind and Sister Faleono and I had our interviews at 2:20 or something like that. Because of that, we had to cancel an appointment we had with Ethan. So we didn't get to see him this week.

We did get to paint, though! So I got to put on my old blue jeans and paint a member's house! They just bought a house and are moving into our ward, and they have been working hard on it. They basically gutted the house and are redoing everything. It looks like a lot of work. But I bet it'll look a lot better than it did! And this family is so awesome, I'm excited for them to move into our ward. We also got to help clean a member's house, and I'm so grateful for that too. I love blessings! And I really feel like it was a worthwhile task for us. 

We didn't get to teach Sam this week, things just haven't been working out. But we are planning to see her tonight! So yay! Sam is so great, she reads everything we tell her to, she's come to church. She is really seeking for truth, and I love that! Plus, she's just awesome in general. We are going to always be friends, I know it :)

We taught Dirk, a recent convert, about tithing this Saturday because our ward was doing tithing settlement that day. At the end of the lesson, he asked if Salt Lake had called and told us to teach that lesson. Uhh, no? Haha, we just have to teach all the lessons over again now that he's baptized and we thought it would be a good day to teach about tithing! Dirk is pretty funny. And he's a total conspiracy theorist. He definitely makes lessons interesting.

Well, hopefully this week is warmer! That would be nice! Everyone stay happy!

Love, Sister Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment